5 Reasons I get asked this question every day…do I really need a LinkedIn profile, isn’t that just like Facebook? My answer every time is not it’s nothing like Facebook and YES if you should have a LinkedIn profile. In 2013 LinkedIn is the top online tool used by recruiters. Here are the top 5 reasons you should invest some time and
- There are currently 180 million LinkedIn users in the world and approximately 97% of recruiters are out there every day searching for candidates for their open positions. So having an updated LinkedIn profile will help recruiters locate you. Recruiters are oftentimes looking for passive candidates. If you are not on LinkedIn you are losing out on these opportunities. You never know when that next great job is going to come along.
- The power of LinkedIn and any other social media tool is networking. Imagine you just lost your job. If you have a very small network and begin reaching out to people now, it will look like you only want to connect with somebody because you are out of work. So, it’s better to continuously cultivate relationships on LinkedIn.
- If a recruiter or hiring manager reviews your resume and then reads your LinkedIn profile, candidates with online profiles are viewed as more credible then those without. They are also viewed as having more social media savvy.
- When you get the interview for your dream job, you can look up the profiles of the interviewer and key individuals in the company prior to the meeting. This will allow you to feel more connected with the company, and having as much background on the interviewers will make you feel more confident.
- Many great jobs are only posted on LinkedIn and you must have a profile to apply to them.
If you want to take your LinkedIn profile to the next level, call me. I have been helping clients fully leverage this important social media platform for years. I can help you create a killer LinkedIn profile to get you noticed!